Monday, December 18, 2006

Plum Pants Revisited



Today I finally got around to taking some pictures of the finished pants. I wore the pants shopping, and took the pictures afterward. I was shocked to find that there are wrinkles everywhere, and not the kind you can iron out.

Also, the pants, which were very snug, (as has been previously referenced here) are now quite loose, even the waistband, which was interfaced with quite heavy pellon.

I've posted the whole lot in my SWAP photo album.

What's caused the wrinkles?
  • Hem resting on top of shoes
  • Fabric stretching out over the day
  • Grainline cutting errors
  • Needs a more substantial flat seat adjustment
  • Should have made a smaller size and hoped this would happen in the end
  • I've lost a lot of weight in the last 2 days
Next I am going to wash the pants, dry in the dryer and see if the fabric shrinks. Against my best practice, I did not pre-wash this fabric. It was inherited from my daughter, and it was a generous, unevenly cut, remnant. She probably didn't wash it either. So, in a way, this was a freebie, a good chance to practice with this pattern. Why I didn't at least pre-wash is beyond me. I totally loved these pants when I finished them.

1 comment:

Danilo said...

HI IM DAN FROM THE PHILIPPINES..
YOUR BLOG IS VERY INTERESTING I LOVE IT. VERY INFORMATIVE.
I JUST LOVE READING YOUR STUFF HERE IN YOUR BLOG.

YOU CAN ALSO VISIT MY BLOG AT:
www.danilomalaga.blogspot.com
SEE YOU LATER...