Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thank you all for your kind comments

Since my last post, I have finally started to sew again, a silk noile skirt for an upcoming trip to Egypt. It's going slowly, when I feel in the mood, but I am back to problem-solving -- bias skirt, should the lining be bias also?

This is a good sign that I am on the way to returning to my normal energy level. I would like to thank those who took the trouble to send a few sentences of support. It feels like you are all good friends; most certainly you are all of a good heart, and your words have been so well-chosen and appropriate. Thank you so much, each one.

Betty.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Betty it is nice to see you post again. As to the dilema of the bias skirt, I think it would depend on the type of skirt. If it is reasonably close to the body then I would do a bias lining. If it is fuller, maybe you could get away with it on the straight grain.

Kitty Couture said...

Betty, I think Vicki is spot on.
Your silk skirt sounds quite lovely. I hope sewing can help soothe your soul.

Nancy Winningham said...

Oh, Betty, I'm so sorry to hear about your son. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to read about your loss, Betty. I wish you lots of strength for the times still to come.

Nancy Winningham said...

Still checking on you Betty. Hope you are doing OK